Spending time with our children when we are stressed out can easily complicate the dynamics we share with them. Instead of defusing situations, it can easily aggravate and exacerbate them. Stress not just causes disharmony and spreads negativity around a family but also creates an ambience of toxicity and tension vitiating our surroundings and causing waves of disturbances and disquiet in the vibrations and frequencies of people we come in contact with considering it is contagious. The stressful reactions and vibes we emit can only escalate issues and cause frictions and cracks in the parent-child relationship. It would be in the best interests of the families for parents to refrain from mentoring their kids and renounce all parenting responsibilities when they are stressed out and emotionally drained.
Giving up parenting responsibilities during stress is crucial to the well-being of families
Five Important Activities Parents Should Renounce During Stress
- Mentoring and Counselling Children is a Strict No-No – As parenting our children during stressful times is often counter-productive, parents should refrain from engaging in counselling and mentoring activities. It is during stress, that parents are more prone to anger and negative reactions and children can became unwitting victims to our mood swings, so it is all the more crucial to disengage from mentoring and counselling tasks.
- Engaging in Parenting Responsibilities and Tasks – Taking a break from routine parenting tasks is the foremost thing do when parents are not in the best of their moods or suffering from stress. Excusing ourselves by explaining to our children about our right and need to some privacy can immediately send a positive message to them who would acknowledge it and respond appropriately. A few moments of solitude to review and analyze our stressful emotions and patterns while deciding and contemplating the next course of action will ease our tension and help us recuperate.
- Pursuing Joint Activities with our Children – Taking up activities and pursuits with our kids when we are under stress can definitely boomerang and it should be abandoned at once when the first sign of stress shows up. Not being in the usual positive mood can affect a parent’s ability to interact and bond normally with her child.
- Discussing with our Children – All discussions and decisions affecting the parent-child equations should be postponed to a later date or rescheduled at a convenient and suitable time. Stress can have a major consequence on the outcomes of our discussions and decisions concerning our children so parents should take care not to act, discuss and decide when they are confronting challenging times.
- Acting and Participating Actively – Most parents enjoy and show keen interest in acting and participating fully in the lives of their children however it can have repercussions when done during stressful times. Contrary to our understandings our stressful energies can rub on to our children who can instantly feel the negative vibes and soon we will end up seeing all our efforts going in vain.